Mataro Games
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum started for the sole intent of meeting to discuss, and create games. Started after a chance encounter between two people by the names of Mataro and Primus (in irc)

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

---Logos---

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Primus
Admin
Primus

---Logos--- Empty
PostSubject: ---Logos---   ---Logos--- I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 25, 2008 2:05 pm

A few logos that I did up...

---Logos--- Cypres10

The above logo I did in logo-maker. This one I did all on my own Wink

---Logos--- Rework10
Back to top Go down
https://mataro.forumotion.com
Mataro

---Logos--- Empty
PostSubject: Re: ---Logos---   ---Logos--- I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 26, 2008 3:19 am

Illusion Forge Studios is a bit hefty for my tastes.. Cypress gaming looks pretty clean and cool, but 'cypress' is a type of tree xD

What about a slight change to Illusion Forge, something like Dream Forge? Or something even a step further, Mirage Development Corps.? I'm not sure. Post whatever other ideas you can come up with, and I'll do the same. Were bound to find that magic one some time xD
Back to top Go down
Mataro

---Logos--- Empty
PostSubject: Re: ---Logos---   ---Logos--- I_icon_minitimeThu May 08, 2008 12:09 am

I went ahead and made a mockup logo for "Mirage Studios". I kinda' like the name, personally. The logo could use some touchup and perhaps even a redesign, but it's just something I tossed together in ten minutes or so in Photoshop. (You might want to download the picture to view it, there's a black ring behind the "M" but it blends with the background, of course. :X)
---Logos--- Mirage10
Ideas? Thoughts? :O
Back to top Go down
Primus
Admin
Primus

---Logos--- Empty
PostSubject: Re: ---Logos---   ---Logos--- I_icon_minitimeThu May 08, 2008 1:05 am

Thats...nice ; Very Happy
I'm failing to see the black ring though.

About the banner at top, you think I should incorporate any of the other images? Maybe change the text, or increase the size of the banner overall?

I understand the alignment issue is to do with screen resolution, but it's difficult for me to fix it from my monitor because my graphics card is low-ram, so it doesn't effectively support higher resolutions (it slows to a crawl above 800x600 -_-)

Anyway, we should probably decide on a banner/logo sometime soon, eh?
Or we could save it for a rainy day. But the way I see it, we've already got a little over half a dozen. I was thinking we pick the one we most like, then modify it later on to suit our needs.

Your thoughts?
Back to top Go down
Mataro

---Logos--- Empty
PostSubject: Re: ---Logos---   ---Logos--- I_icon_minitimeThu May 08, 2008 10:09 pm

Glad you like it Don't worry too much about the forum graphics.. It's certainly livable, and we can fix it later.

As for the logos, I'm kinda' going with the rainy day idea. Just post an idea when you have one, and sometime in the future when it becomes more relevent, we can decide on one. Right now, I'm devoting more attention to the game and it's mechanics, personally xD

As for the banner, I wouldn't worry about it too much for the reasons above. Once the game itself is more defined, we can worry about making the site more related to the game and a studio name. This stuff works well enough for the time being, but if you want to pretty it all up out of boredom or something one day, feel free to. xD

I do site design, myself, so getting a nice site together later shouldn't be too bad.

Finally, as for the GPU.. What the hell are you using o_o? Sounds like it's even worse than an integrated card :X. Well, if you let me know what your PC specs are, I might be able to help.. Are you running with AGP4x ports? If you are, I could give you my old GeForce 4200 TI. It's old. But it's a classic. Besides. It plays FEAR Razz
Back to top Go down
Primus
Admin
Primus

---Logos--- Empty
PostSubject: Re: ---Logos---   ---Logos--- I_icon_minitimeThu May 08, 2008 11:51 pm

I'm running a Nvidia Geforce MX 4000 PCI express :\
Oddly, in order to use it's graphics-ram it has to use an equal amount of ordinary ram -_-

Sadly, it's only running 64mb. I'm upgrading here in a couple of months though Smile
Back to top Go down
Mataro

---Logos--- Empty
PostSubject: Re: ---Logos---   ---Logos--- I_icon_minitimeFri May 09, 2008 11:54 am

Oh hell. If memory serves, those are equivalent to a GeForce 2, right? xD

Well, I'm glad you're upgrading anyway. For the record, my old GeForce 4200 TI is 128 MB. I love it. For such an old card, it still packs a hell of a punch. xD

If you're upgrading, though, I'd reccomend an 8xxx series card depending on your budget. 8600 is pretty cheap now, and still pretty damned good :3
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

---Logos--- Empty
PostSubject: Re: ---Logos---   ---Logos--- I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

---Logos---
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Mataro Games :: Game Development :: Ideas & Suggestions-
Jump to: