Mataro Games
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum started for the sole intent of meeting to discuss, and create games. Started after a chance encounter between two people by the names of Mataro and Primus (in irc)

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

General Updates

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Mataro

General Updates Empty
PostSubject: General Updates   General Updates I_icon_minitimeTue May 06, 2008 11:54 pm

I figured it would be good to have a place to leave a post saying whether something will be delayed or just to give a reason for why things aren't done, or whether someone will be away for a while and so on.. So instead of making a hundred new posts, they can all go here.

Starting off, my apologies for everything being so dead lately. Life's just been hectic as hell and well, I'm still trying to regain my artistic abilities. It seems I can't draw any ship designs properly, and my 3D modelling, though never quite great anyway, has deteriorated drastically. I've downloaded Blender to try that but we'll see. Instead, I'm going to try and focus my efforts on writing out the gameplay and so on, mostly just detailing different units and abilities and the like. I'll make the assumption that the person reading it already knows the style of game and a few things about the gameplay and so on, so I can focus more on actual elements of gameplay rather than detailing the genre. I'll try and get some groundwork laid out, and build on that from there. As best I can tell, were probably going to need a relatively skilled modeller/artist. I can compose, so soundtrack isn't such an issue. But I'm not really that great, so by the end I'm thinking someone better than I might be best acquired to redo it. But I can fill the gap meanwhile. So as of right now..

Director/Composer - Mataro
Artist/Coder - Primus

Naturally, there's a few holes there. Can you think of any other position that would really be needed, first and foremost? Perhaps you would like another coder to assist you? Or would you rather look for an artist first? Of course, if you have anyone in mind already, please, do share :X
Back to top Go down
Primus
Admin
Primus

General Updates Empty
PostSubject: Re: General Updates   General Updates I_icon_minitimeWed May 07, 2008 3:47 am

Relax, Rome wasn't built in a day. Smile
Anyway I sent you an email on the matter.
I've been busy taking a look at Wings3D for our basic modeling.
Also I'm working on getting models to load correctly into the buffer.

I'll keep ya posted...
-Primus

p.s. We're all indies here, it's gonna take some time. Wink
Back to top Go down
https://mataro.forumotion.com
Mataro

General Updates Empty
PostSubject: Re: General Updates   General Updates I_icon_minitimeWed May 07, 2008 11:04 am

True enough. I read the e-mail.. Basically, whatever works best, codewise, for you. I did find some procedural tree generating scripts and whatnot for Blender, which may come in kind of handy for doing terrain later on, but I don't get Blender at all. The camera is crazy Mad

I'm working on some of the unit lists now. Just getting the basics laid out, and as the background story for each of the armies is fleshed out, we can add in more units and so on, I figure. :3
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

General Updates Empty
PostSubject: Re: General Updates   General Updates I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

General Updates
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Mataro Games :: Game Development :: General Discussion-
Jump to: